Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: The new Democratic controlled Congress

  1. #11
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The new Democratic controlled Congress

    [ QUOTE ]
    Agreed here, I think that the Congress should go back to how it was when it was first started. The members held other jobs and only worked on Capitol Hill part of the year. That was the whole pupose of the recess.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I can completely agree with that alienist. Only to reconviene in the time of national emergency.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #12
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The new Democratic controlled Congress

    I don't look for much change either. A lame duck president and a senate majority that still doesn't have 2/3 vote is a sure combination to accomplish little. Bush will probably make use of the line-item veto right. IMO, the internal struggles of the democrats results from the fact that they have sat on their haunches and haven't tried to establish and develop any concrete plans and strategies.

    I'm very jaded by the entire political process. They all seem to have forgotten the working people. Big business and special interests are the rule of the day.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member imported_yomama's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2005
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The new Democratic controlled Congress

    [ QUOTE ]
    Bush will probably make use of the line-item veto right.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    The line item veto is unconstitutional.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •